outbrain
Close  

Chinese hotel guest in Subic tests positive for coronavirus

07:19 PM August 07, 2020

SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES—A 29-year-old Chinese national who arrived at Subic Bay Freeport a month ago tested positive for SARS Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19, authorities said on Friday (Aug. 7).

Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) Chief Wilma Eisma said that the patient, who was staying in a hotel, showed no symptoms and had no history of travel to infected places or contact with any infected person upon his arrival.

ADVERTISEMENT

Eisma said the patient submitted himself to testing as part of his travel requirements.

He is now quarantined while the hotel he was staying in has been decontaminated and will undergo extensive disinfection.

FEATURED STORIES

The free port now has two guests who had been infected with coronavirus.

TSB
Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, arrival, Chinese, Health, Hotel, infection, Quarantine, Subic
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.