Lineman dies after electrocution in Isabela town

CABATUAN, Isabela—A 47-year-old lineman of the Isabela Electric Cooperative died after he was electrocuted during maintenance work on Sunday (July 26), according to police.

Roel Galiza, of Culing Centro village, accidentally touched a live wire, said Capt. Clarence Labasan, Isabela police spokesperson.


Galiza was relocating the service drop and kilowatt meter of a customer at the village of La Paz around 10 a.m. when he touched the ground of service drop wire while inside the basket of his service boom truck.

His companion rushed him to the Cabatuan Family Clinic and Hospital but he was declared dead on arrival.


Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

© Copyright 1997-2020 | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.