Did You Know: 2.2 million Filipinos worked abroad April-September 2019 | Inquirer News

Did You Know: 2.2 million Filipinos worked abroad April-September 2019

/ 05:08 AM July 23, 2020

According to the results of the 2019 Survey on Overseas Filipinos, the number of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked abroad at any time from April to September 2019 was estimated at 2.2 million.

Overseas contract workers or those with existing work contracts comprised 96.8 percent of the total OFWs during that period while the remaining 3.2 percent had no contracts.

ADVERTISEMENT

—Marielle Medina, Inquirer Research

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Did You Know, OFWs
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.