Jolo cops in slay of Army personnel will get chance to answer NBI complaint – PNP
MANILA, Philippines — The nine police officers tagged in the killing of four soldiers in Jolo, Sulu, will be given the opportunity to answer the complaint filed against them by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
“It is in the best interest of justice to prosecute those who may be criminally liable,” Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac, spokesperson of the Philippine National Police (PNP), said in a statement issued on Tuesday.
“Under the criminal justice system and in accordance with penal laws, the respondents will be given the opportunity to answer the charges against them before the proper forum and in accordance with due process,” he added.
The NBI earlier filed a murder case against the following police officers:
- Senior Master Sgt. Abdelzhimar Padjiri, Jolo police
- Master Sgt. Hannie Baddiri, Jolo police
- Staff Sgt. Iskandar Susulan, Jolo police
- Staff Sgt. Erniskar Sappal, Jolo police
- Cpl. Sulki Andaki, Jolo police
- Pat. Moh Nur Pasani, Jolo police
- Staff Sgt. Almudzrin Hadjaruddin, Sulu Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU)
- Pat. Alkajal Mandangan, Sulu DEU
- Pat. Rajiv Putalan, Sulu DEU
According to the NBI, the police officers fatally attacked the four Army Intelligence operatives who did not have the opportunity to defend themselves.
“The Philippine National Police welcomes the action of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in filing criminal complaints against nine members of the Jolo Municipal Police Station who figured in a shooting incident that killed four Philippine Army personnel last June 29,” he said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.