2 villages in Pampanga town go into COVID-19 lockdown
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO — Two villages in the Pampanga town of San Luis were placed under a lockdown beginning on Saturday (July 18) to allow epidemiologists to test 109 residents, who interacted with four of 18 construction workers who caught the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The barangays (villages) of Sto. Tomas and San Carlos will remain isolated until July 27, said San Luis Mayor Jay Sagum, who is also a physician.
He said 35 residents of the villages of Sto. Tomas and 74 people living in San Carlos were exposed to the four workers who returned home on July 11.
They were not informed that an officer of their company had been tested and was confirmed to have contracted the virus on July 12.
The 18 infected workers are employed by a sub-contracting firm that has a project in Manila.
Those infected are without symptoms and are now quarantined at an isolation facility at the New Clark City in Tarlac province.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.