Palace: New quarantine classifications may be announced Wednesday, July 15
MANILA, Philippines — New quarantine classifications in various provinces starting July 16 are expected to be announced on Wednesday, Malacañang said.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the Inter-agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases is set to meet Tuesday to discuss their final recommendations which is subject to the approval of President Rodrigo Duterte.
“Posible pong Miyerkules maaanunsyo ang classification dahil meron pa pong last meeting ang IATF bukas po para sa final recommendation sa Presidente,” Roque said in an online briefing.
(It’s possible that the announcement of new classifications will be on Wednesday because the IATF will have a meeting tomorrow for its final recommendation to the President.)
The lockdown measures in place over several areas are set to lapse on July 15.
The President earlier retained the general community quarantine over Metro Manila and the enhanced community quarantine over Cebu City.
“Lilinawin ko lang po, bagama’t wala pang decision at ang Presidente ang mag-i-issue, datos po ang tinitignan natin kung tayo po ay magluluwag,” Roque said.
(I just want to clarify, while there is no decision yet and the President will announce it, we look at data on whether or not we will relax restrictions.)
There are so far 56,259 COVID-19 cases nationwide with 1,534 fatalities and 16,046 recoveries.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.