Sandiganbayan building on lockdown, 2 employees COVID-positive
MANILA, Philippines – The Sandiganbayan locked down its premises in Quezon City after two employees tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)even as infections rates in the city rises.
“The Sandiganbayan en banc during its emergency meeting on July 12, 2020, resolved to physically close the Sandiganbayan on Monday, July 13, 2020,” Presiding Justice Amparo Cabotaje-Tang said in a Memorandum issued Monday.
“This step is necessary to enable the Sandiganbayan to conduct immediate and thorough disinfection of its entire building and to conduct contact tracing/monitoring of the health of the Court’s employees,” she added.
But she assured that the court will continue to function. For now, she said all justices, officials, and employees will continue working remotely under an alternative work arrangement.
“The public may contact the Court through its hotline and email addresses as published in the Sandiganbayan website,” read the memorandum.
The anti-graft court is located along Batasan Road in Quezon City. To date, Quezon City has over 3,700 COVID-19 cases, the highest among the cities in Metro Manila.
Previously, the Supreme Court, through the Office of the Court Administrator issued an order requiring all courts nationwide to issue a lockdown only if its officer or personnel tested positive after a confirmatory test which is the case for the two Sandiganbayan employees.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.