Filipinos now allowed to enter 25 countries
(Editor’s note: This is an update to the print edition story, “Filipinos now allowed to enter 26 countries,” as the DFA updated its advisory last night, June 28.)
MANILA, Philippines — Twenty-five countries so far have lifted their border restrictions on Filipinos arriving from the Philippines, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
The DFA on Sunday said Filipinos who will be allowed to leave the Philippines for essential travel will be allowed to re-enter 25 countries, including the United States of America, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand.
The DFA said 78 other countries have eased their travel restrictions on Filipinos coming from the Philippines.
Only Filipinos who have either work or residency permits, diplomatic passports or special permission to enter, and those who are on transit may be allowed to enter these 78 countries.
The 78 countries include Japan, which was initially advised to have lifted restrictions, and some of the usual destinations for overseas Filipino workers such as Hong Kong, Canada, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
The DFA said travel restrictions can change without prior public notice and advised travelers, even those with valid visas or confirmed flights, to check with the embassy or consulate of their destination before booking their ticket.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.