Bataan tally of COVID-19 recoveries now 120
BALANGA CITY–Thirteen more patients recovered from the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bataan province, bringing the total number of recovered cases to 120.
Bataan Gov. Albert Garcia on Monday (May 25) said 12 of those who recovered are health workers mostly from this capital city.
The province still has 146 COVID-19 cases, seven of which resulted in deaths.
According to the provincial health office, 2,515 people were tested for SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and 399 were still awaiting results while 1,969 testing negative.
Morong town Mayor Cynthia Estanislao and Bagac town Mayor Ramil del Rosario said there had been no local transmission of COVID-19 in their municipalities as patients in their areas contracted the virus elsewhere.
Samal Mayor Aida Macalinao and Orani Mayor Bondjong Pascual said their municipalities are already free of COVID-19 after patients in their towns tested negative.
Edited by TSB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.