outbrain
Close  

Electric fan overheats, causes fire at Ormoc village

By: - Correspondent / @rdejonINQ
/ 01:19 PM May 20, 2020

ORMOC CITY—An electric fan that overheated was believed to be the cause of a fire that left at least five families homeless at a village here on Tuesday (May 19).

The fire broke out around 5 p.m. and was put out some 45 minutes later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Insp. Felipe Alicando, Ormoc City fire marshal, said initial investigation showed that an electric fan left running on the second floor of the house of a certain Michaela Noval overheated and fell on a sleeping foam.

The fire spread quickly in the house made of light materials and to four other houses also made of light materials.

FEATURED STORIES

Four fire trucks were deployed to the village. No one was hurt and investigators are still computing the cost of damage.

Edited by TSB
Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: electric fan, Fire, Fire trucks, Homeless, overheat
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.