outbrain
Close  

Governor reports Bohol’s second COVID-19 case

By: - Correspondent / @leoudtohanINQ
/ 06:09 PM May 13, 2020

Local officials in Bohol are urging residents to follow quarantine measures such as staying at home and wearing face masks in public as the province is placed under general community quarantine. —LEO UDTOHAN

TAGBILARAN CITY— Bohol has recorded its second COVID-19 case, according to the province’s governor.

In Facebook post on Wednesday (May 13), Gov. Arthur Yap said one of the 65 overseas Filipino workers repatriated to Bohol had tested positive for SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

ADVERTISEMENT

The patient was one of two OFWs from Manila who had been tested prior to repatriation.

Test results released on Wednesday showed one tested positive while the other was negative.

FEATURED STORIES

Yap said the Boholano who tested positive would remain on quarantine in the province.

The patient isn’t showing any symptoms yet and would be tested again on Wednesday.

The governor said he was also waiting for results of tests on 63 other repatriated Boholano OFWs. A total of 116 repatriated OFWs are on quarantine in the province.

The first batch of 65 OFWs arrived in Bohol last April 28 while another 51 OFWs arrived on May 9.

Yap urged Boholanos to continue heeding quarantine measures after Bohol was placed under general community quarantine (GCQ).

“Bohol is ready to face the threats brought about by the virus if we help each other,” said the governor’s Facebook post in Cebuano.

“I urged (sic) all of you to unite and pray for our beloved province of Bohol,” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT

The first case of COVID-19 in Bohol involved a 60-year-old Chinese woman. She was discharged from a hospital in Bohol last January and sent back to China after she tested negative for coronavirus.

Health officials in the province, however, later found that the Chinese woman was positive for coronavirus after all.

Edited by TSB

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, Coronavirus, coronavirus Philippines, pandemic, protocol, Quarantine, repatriation, tests
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.