Makati to give P5,000 aid each to 500,000 residents
MANILA, Philippines — Around half a million qualified Makati residents, regardless of their financial status, will be receiving P5,000 each in cash assistance through the city government’s P2.7-billion expanded economic relief program.
In a Facebook live address on Monday, Mayor Abby Binay said the contactless distribution would begin on May 15 through Globe’s GCash app under the program dubbed “MAKA-tulong 5K for 500K+ Makatizens.”
“[It] is intended to provide much-needed financial assistance to residents on an individual basis, not per household, as we begin to emerge from the prolonged lockdown,” she added.
Saying the program had been approved as early as April 21, Binay said the implementation was deferred to give way to the national government’s Social Amelioration Program (SAP).
Those who have already received cash assistance from the city, including senior citizens, persons with disability, solo parents and informal workers, even SAP beneficiaries, are still qualified for the P5,000 aid.
This means that a household where both parents are eligible will receive a total of P10,000. If there are five qualified residents in a household, all of them will get the cash assistance.
Qualified beneficiaries should be at least 18 years old and a resident of Makati or any of the city’s relocation sites in Bulacan and Laguna.
Details of the application process and requirements will be posted on the official My Makati Facebook page.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.