40 frontliners recover from COVID-19; no new case, death reported
MANILA, Philippines — Forty more healthcare workers in the country were able to recover from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), bringing the total to 584 as of May 10, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Monday.
The number of healthcare professionals afflicted with the respiratory disease stayed at 1,991 since no new case was reported. Of this number, 1,373 are considered active.
No new deaths were also recorded, with the number of deaths remaining at 34.
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said that the number of healthcare workers being infected with the novel coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2 which causes the COVID-19 continues to decline.
In total, the Philippines has so far 11,086 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 1,999 recoveries and 726 fatalities.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.