Close  
After the City Health Office recorded a surge in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the barangay

Mandaluyong govt to place Barangay Mauway under total lockdown

By: - Reporter / @ConsINQ
/ 02:42 PM May 06, 2020

Barangay Mauway

MANILA, Philippines — The Mandaluyong City government on Wednesday said it will place Barangay (village) Mauway under total lockdown after the city health office recorded a surge in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the barangay.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Mandaluyong Public Information Office said in a Facebook post that the City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit has recommended a total lockdown of the said village after recording 61 confirmed COVID-19 cases, the highest recorded number of cases in the city.

“Kung kaya’t kinabukasan, pinatawag ni Mayor Menchie Abalos si Kapitan Bernie Evangelista ng Mauway para sabihan siya sa pag lockdown din ng nasabing barangay,” read the statement.

FEATURED STORIES

(Mandaluyong Mayor Menchie Abalos summoned Mauway Barangay Captain Bernie Evangelista to inform him that his village will be placed under lockdown.)

“Inaasahan na isasailalim ang Barangay Mauway sa TOTAL LOCKDOWN sa mga susunod na araw (Expect that Barangay Mauway will be placed under total lockdown in the coming days),” the Mandaluyong City government added.

Sa pulong noong Lunes kauganay sa pag-lockdown ng Barangay Addition Hills, napag-usapan na din ang hakbang para mag…

Posted by Mandaluyong City Public Information Office on Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Mandaluyong City government has yet to announce the target date and guidelines for the lockdown of Barangay Mauway.

Previously, the city government announced that Barangay Additional Hills will be under total lockdown starting Thursday, May 7, to give way for the mass testing of suspected carriers of the coronavirus in the area.  The Mandaluyong City government has started its distribution of relief goods for residents to prepare for the lockdown.

ADVERTISEMENT

As of May 5, Tuesday, Mandaluyong City has recorded 423 cases of the coronavirus disease including 36 deaths and 97 recoveries.

/MUF

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: coronavirus Philippines, COVID-19, Mandaluyong, Menchie Abalos, Metro
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.