Oriental Mindoro records 10th COVID-19 case
CITY OF CALAPAN — Oriental Mindoro recorded its 10th COVID-19 case Saturday afternoon, according to a Facebook post by Governor Humerlito Dolor.
Citing a report from the Department of Health (DOH) Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan, Dolor said the 82-year-old male, tagged as Patient 410, is from Barangay (village) Macatoc in Victoria. He was also the first positive case in said town.
His specimen was taken on April 26 and the result of the test came out positive for the novel coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2 on Saturday. SARS-CoV-2 causes acute respiratory ailment COVID-19.
According to his doctor, Patient 410 was admitted to a hospital on April 21 as a part of his body felt weak. He was a smoker and had a cough.
Under the care of his physician, he improved significantly and was discharged on April 26.
He is on strict home quarantine since April 26 and did not show any symptoms since then. His second swab test was taken and his third swab test will be taken Sunday.
Contact tracing was conducted and the sample specimens that had been taken from 14 people who came into close contact with the patient were brought to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine for processing.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.