As COVID-19 cases rise in Cavite, Remulla tells residents to prepare for lockdown | Inquirer News
Close  

As COVID-19 cases rise in Cavite, Remulla tells residents to prepare for lockdown

/ 09:23 AM April 27, 2020
Jonvic Remulla cavite

Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla — RICHARD A. REYES

MANILA, Philippines — The province of Cavite may soon be placed under a lockdown as the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the area continues to increase.

Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla, in a Facebook post on Monday, said he would suggest to the mayors to “start the lockdown sooner.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Let’s get ready. I will suggest that to the Mayors that we start the Lockdown sooner. Please prepare,” he said.

FEATURED STORIES

Numbers That Justify a LockdownCovid positive patients usually take up to 2 weeks to show symptoms. Ang mga numero…

Posted by Jonvic Remulla on Sunday, April 26, 2020

He said he would also ask for additional reinforcement from the military.

“I will confer with the Mayors later and (get) consensus on lockdown rules. I will contact the Philippine Army later for additional reinforcements,” Remulla said.

According to the governor, there are so far 161 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the province.

“I take full responsibility for this. I should have enforced the (vitamin-enriched enhanced community quarantine) earlier,” he added.

President Rodrigo Duterte earlier extended the enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila, Region 3, Calabarzon and other high-risk areas until May 15 while a general community quarantine was placed in areas listed as low-risk for the coronavirus.

ADVERTISEMENT

To date, Philippine health officials have so far recorded 7,579 COVID-19 cases in the country.

Of the number, 862 patients have recovered while 501 have died.

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cavite, coronavirus disease, COVID-19, Jonvic Remulla, lockdown, Nation, News
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.