Barangay 201 in Pasay under total lockdown until April 30
MANILA, Philippines — Barangay (village) 201 in Pasay City, the second-largest barangay of the city, was placed under total lockdown until April 30 to implement stricter enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) measures, the city government said Wednesday.
Barangay 201 chairman James Bontilao said they have requested more than 60 personnel from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to assist them in the enforcement of lockdown measures.
“Hindi na kaya ng mga tanod namin na i-cover ang buong barangay at i-implement ang enhanced community quarantine. Meron kaming 28,000 residents,” Bolintao said in a statement.
(Our barangay tanod (watchmen) cannot cover the whole village and implement the enhanced community quarantine. We have around 28,000 residents.)
Bontilao also ordered that barangay residents who will go outside will have to wear face masks and present their quarantine passes when buying essential goods.
The total lockdown in Barangay 201 is will be effective until the end of April unless President Rodrigo Duterte decides to extend the ECQ over Luzon, the Pasay City government said.
According to the Pasay Public Information Office, Barangay 201 has so far three confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases as of April 22.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.