COVID-19 watch: 6 confirmed cases in Northern Mindanao
MANILA, Philippines — A 33-year-old female from Camiguin is the sixth confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patient in Northern Mindanao.
The Department of Health (DOH) Center for Health Development – Northern Mindanao said the patient travelled to Manila on March 8 and returned to Camiguin on March 14.
Upon her arrival in Camiguin, she was placed under 14-day mandatory home quarantine.
On March 17, the patient experienced mild symptoms of colds and sore throat. She is also asthmatic.
The patient is under strict home quarantine and is being monitored by the provincial health office and the rural health unit personnel.
Of the six confirmed COVID-19 patients in Northern Mindanao, one has so far died.
As of April 4, the DOH also recorded a total of 326 persons under investigation (PUIs) in Northern Mindanao.
Fifty two are currently admitted in a healthcare facility, 40 are undergoing home quarantine, while 186 were cleared after completing the quarantine period.
A total of 40 PUIs have already been discharged, the health department added.
The region also has a total of 4,459 persons under monitoring (PUMs).
50 PUMs are undergoing 14-day quarantine, while 4,409 have completed the quarantine period.
“Rest assured that the DOH CHD-NM constantly monitors the development of these cases as it continuously intensifies its dissemination of updated and accurate information relevant to COVID-19,” the agency said in a statement.
It reminded the public to remain vigilant and calm at all times and to observe guidelines in avoiding the contraction of the coronavirus.
Meanwhile, those who travelled to areas affected by COVID-19 were reminded to monitor themselves for development of symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
The DOH advised them to visit the nearest health facility if symptoms develop.
“In addition, please follow mandatory home quarantine guidelines, such as, but not limited to: stay in a separate room from family members and use separate eating and drinking utensils,” it said.
To date, the Philippines has a total of 3,246 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 152 deaths and 64 recoveries.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.