Bicol records no new COVID-19 case; 8 of confirmed cases have recovered
LEGAZPI CITY – Records show that no new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) positive cases were recorded in the Bicol region on Friday while eight of the 11 people earlier tested positive for the viral disease have recovered, Department of Health (DOH) in Bicol health surveillance unit, said.
The DOH tracker report said of the 11 patients attended to in two designated quarantine hospitals in Bicol, six have shown no more signs and symptoms while two were tested negative for the virus and the rest were in stable condition.
Among those that recovered with no more signs or symptoms were six patients from Albay and three from Camarines Sur. Those who tested negative of the disease were two patients from Camarines Sur while three patients (two in Albay and one in Camarines Sur) were now stable.
The records indicate that so far, there were 73 persons under investigation (PUIs) in the Bicol region that tested negative for COVID-19 while only seven are awaiting results from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in Manila.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.