3 new cases raise Pangasinan’s COVID-19 patients to 9
DAGUPAN CITY –– Three more Pangasinenses were confirmed to have been sick of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), local health officials said on Saturday.
The new patients, who are from Urdaneta City and the towns of Bugallon and Infanta, raised the number of confirmed COVID-19 persons in Pangasinan to nine. Three of these patients had died.
The patient from Urdaneta City, a 29-year-old man from Nancayasan village, was already in a stable condition and recovering at home, the city government said.
The patient had traveled to Japan between February 18 and 25 and experienced dizziness and body malaise on March 6. He went to a private hospital for a checkup on March 14 and was given home medication.
The man continued to show COVID-19 symptoms and went to another hospital but was later referred to the Region I Medical Center (R1MC) on March 16.
He was swabbed for coronavirus testing on March 19 and the result released on March 26 showed that he was positive for COVID-19.
In Bugallon, Mayor Mely Espino said the town’s COVID-19 case, a resident of Salomague Sur, came from Manila and did not disclose to authorities that he had been listed as a person under investigation or PUI for the virus.
He arrived in the town on March 26 and the authorities found out that he was positive for the disease the following day.
In Infanta, its first COVID-19 case is a 75-year-old patient from Barangay Poblacion with no travel history. The patient was admitted to the R1MC for treatment.
Edited by LZB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.