outbrain
Close  

1 year-old is first COVID-19 patient in Oriental Mindoro

MANILA, Philippines – A one-year-old girl is the first confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patient in Oriental Mindoro, Governor Humerlito Dolor announced Friday.

Dolor said the patient has a travel history to Alabang in Muntinlupa City from March 5 to March 12.

ADVERTISEMENT

The patient will undergo confirmatory tests while her guardians will also undergo COVID-19 testing.

 

FEATURED STORIES

PAKI BASA PO NG BUO NG MENSAHENG ITO:Minamahal kong mga Kababayan:May pagpapasalamat sa Diyos kong ipinapahayag na…

Posted by Gov Bonz Dolor on Thursday, March 26, 2020

Dahil siya ay napakabata pa at upang siguraduhin pang lalo, humiling ako sa Department of Health (DOH) na muling ipasuri (confirmatory test) ang kanyang specimen at ito naman ay kagyat na pinagbigyan. Isasailalim na rin sa testing ang kanyang mga guardians,” Dolor said in a Facebook post.

(Because the patient is so far the youngest case and to make sure, I asked the DOH to test the specimen again and they agreed. The guardians will undergo testing as well.)

The provincial government is already conducting contact tracing.

Meanwhile, seven others have tested negative for the disease. The city government is waiting for five other test results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Dolor reminded his constituents to abide by strict home quarantine protocols, physical distancing, liquor ban and the wearing of face masks.

The provincial government will also implement stricter protocols in letting outsiders inside Oriental Mindoro.

Dolor said he has ordered the police, military, the Philippine Coast Guard, the Philippine Ports Authority, and other law enforcement agencies to enhance their monitoring of borders and points of entry.

“Sumunod na po tayo sa pinag-uutos ng pamahalaan! Stay at home! Help save lives!” he said.

To date, there are 707 individuals confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 with 45 deaths and 28 recoveries.

GSG

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Coronavirus, COVID-19, Oriental Mindoro
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.