Retired US navy man is 1st COVID-19 case of Zambales
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales –– A 73-year-old man, who retired from the United States Navy, is the first recorded case of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Zambales province, officials said on Thursday (March 26).
Dr. Noel Bueno, Zambales health director said the patient had a history of travel from Cavite to Manila. “He returned to Zambales on March 15 and developed fever and diarrhea on March 16,” he said.
The patient consulted doctors of the Our Lady of Lourdes International Medical Center in Olongapo City and was moved to the President Ramon Magsaysay Provincial Hospital in Iba town, also in Zambales.
Bueno said the patient was stable. Local epidemiologists have started tracking down people with whom he had been in contact before he was quarantined.
Edited by LZB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.