Bicol still free of COVID-19 but number of persons without symptoms being watched zooms past 100,000
LEGAZPI CITY—The Bicol region continued to have a clean slate as far as confirmed COVID-19 cases are concerned and even if at least 13 persons under investigation (PUI), or those with symptoms, had been admitted to hospitals for quarantine, according to the Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday (March 24).
The additional PUI brought the count of persons manifesting COVID-19 symptoms to 49 in the region.
The DOH said 21 tested negative for COVID-19, while 28 were awaiting test results from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
In a 5 p.m. update, the DOH said the number of persons under monitoring (PUM), or those without symptoms but with history of travel to infected places or contact with carriers, had reached 113,178 in the region’s different provinces.
At least 1,870 persons had already completed the 14-day quarantine and showed no symptoms or signs of the disease.
Edited by TSB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.