BREAKING: COVID-19 cases now 396; dead now 33
MANILA, Philippines — The number of confirmed cases of 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) climbed to 396 after the Department of Health (DOH) recorded 16 new cases on Monday, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said in a text message.
Eight new deaths were also recorded, bringing the total number of COVID-19-related deaths to 33.
Meanwhile, 18 individuals have so far recovered from the disease, Vergeire said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.