‘Thank you’: Palace acknowledges frontliners in fight vs coronavirus
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Thursday expressed gratitude to all frontliners addressing the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation in the country, and vowed to continue to support them until the health crisis ends.
“The Palace wishes to extend its utmost gratitude to our health care and service providers, law enforcement agents, as well as our people in the frontline of our country’s battle against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19),” Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a statement.
“Their sacrifices during this period are invaluable, and the services they are tirelessly rendering for the nation will forever be remembered. The Office of the President will continue rallying behind — and giving the necessary support in favor of — these heroic men and women until we defeat this pandemic,” he said.
Panelo also thanked businesses and companies who have heeded to the government’s appeal in providing their employees “respective salaries and benefits for the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon without charging them against their leave credits.”
“Given that the Palace considers this current situation as a time for solidarity, it also appreciates most of these companies for stepping up to the challenge through their significant donations to various entities that are at the front of this battle. We can only hope that other businesses will follow suit within their means,” Panelo added.
The enhanced community quarantine over Luzon takes effect until midnight of April 13, 2020.
Panelo also thanked bus and other automotive companies for offering their vehicles to health workers and other workers exempted from going out under the strict quarantine measure.
“The Palace is aware that there are more companies and persons offering their resources and services to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and they too deserve kudos for such selfless acts,” he said.
Apart from the front liners and companies, Panelo also thanked those who follow the government’s protocols and staying at home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“As for our countrymen who remain at home and faithfully follow the protocols set by the government, your patience and obedience are equally appreciated as the same are the keys to the successful containment and eradication of COVID-19 in the Philippines,” he said.
The Philippines is now under a state of calamity due to the rising cases of COVID-19, which originated from China’s Hubei province late last year.
Health officials have so far recorded 202 cases of COVID-19 in the country. Of the number, 17 have died.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.