Cebu Pacific suspends domestic flights to and from Manila
MANILA, Philippines — Cebu Pacific, the largest budget airline in the country, canceled domestic flights going to and from Manila starting March 15 (Sunday) until April 14 (Tuesday) due to the community quarantine imposed on Metro Manila to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease.
On Thursday night, the Philippine government placed Metro Manila under community quarantine which halts land, domestic air and domestic sea travel for a month.
However, the airline’s management said it will continue to operate flights going to the following destinations:
|Brunei (Bandar Seri Begawan)||Caticlan (Boracay)||Cagayan de Oro|
|Zamboanga to Tawi-Tawi|
|Ho Chi Minh||
Passengers with canceled flights may choose the following options:
· Travel ahead of original schedule on flights until March 14, 2020, free of charge (subject to space availability)
· Rebook the flight, with change fees and fare difference waived.
· Store the full value of the ticket in a Travel Fund. This is valid for 180 days and can be used to book any Cebu Pacific flight within the next 12 months
· Get a full refund. The refund will be according to the mode of payment. If paid in cash, refund must be claimed at designated Cebu Pacific ticket offices. If payment was made through debit or credit card, please allow two (2) billing cycles for refund to be credited into the account
To avail the above options, clients may use the “Manage Booking” portal in the Cebu Pacific website http://bit.ly/CEBmanageflight
Meanwhile, passengers with confirmed flights until April 30 this year who want to suspend travel may avail the following options:
1. Free Rebooking – Rebook flights to a new travel date, with change fees waived. Fare difference may apply
To rebook the flight, use the “Manage Booking” portal in the Cebu Pacific website http://bit.ly/CEBmanageflight
2. Travel Fund – The full cost of the ticket can be placed in a Travel Fund which can then be used as payment for a future booking. The Travel Fund is valid for 180 days and can be used for bookings as far as 12 months out
To avail of the Travel Fund option, use the “Manage Booking” portal in the Cebu Pacific website http://bit.ly/CEBmanageflight to cancel the booking and store the value in the Travel Fund
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.