MMDA: Road closures from March 13 to 16 due to repairs
MANILA, Philippines — The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Friday said eight roads will be closed to traffic this weekend due to scheduled repair and reblocking despite the “community quarantine” order on the nation’s capital region.
In an advisory, MMDA said the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will start and end roadworks by 11 p.m. of March 13 (Friday) and 5 a.m. of March 16 (Monday), respectively.
Roads set for temporary closure this weekend are the following:
1. A. Bonifacio Ave. Sgt. Rivera St. to Bansalangin St. (1st lane from sidewalk)
2. EDSA Balintawak to Dario Bridge (1st lane from center island)
3. EDSA approach B of P. Tuazon flyover to approach A of Boni Serrano flyover (beside sidewalk)
4. General Luis St. near SB Road
5. Congressional Ave. Ext., near UP Professor (3rd lane from sidewalk)
6. Elliptical Road from Kalayaan Ave. to Maharlika St. (3rd lane from inner sidewalk)
7. Mindanao Ave. from Tandang Sora to D. Munoz St. (2nd lane from sidewalk)
8. EDSA Q.C. after Aurora Blvd. to New York St. (3rd lane from sidewalk)
MMDA urged motorists to avoid the above-mentioned areas and use alternate routes instead.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.