Batangas governor confirms 2nd COVID-19 case in province
SAN PEDRO CITY-“We now have two.”
Batangas Gov. Hermilando Mandanas on Friday (March 13) announced a second confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the province.
“From one last night, we now have two,” the governor said in a phone interview.
He said he could not give further details, however, heeding protocol set by the Department of Health (DOH).
The two confirmed cases could have been “each other’s” contact, Mandanas said.
Contact tracing is underway, though, and measures to stop the spread of the diseases are in place across the province, he added.
In a statement, Batangas City health officer Rosanna Barrion said both patients had been referred to a hospital in Metro Manila.
The provincial information office (PIO) sought to correct an earlier statement attributed to local officials saying the first confirmed COVID-19 patient had been admitted to the Batangas Medical Center.
But the PIO did not disclose which hospital the patient was brought to.
Edited by TSB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.