Nancy Binay, too, to go into self-quarantine
MANILA, Philippines — Senator Nancy Binay will also go into self-quarantine after a resource person in a hearing she attended last week tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
“Following the decision of Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian to go into self-quarantine, I have likewise decided to take similar precautions and self-monitor for the next 14 days,” Binay said in a statement on Wednesday.
“Sen. Gatchalian and I were present during the March 5, 2020 hearing, and it is with a heavy heart to learn that one of our resource speakers has been tested positive for COVID-19,” she added.
Binay said she instructed her staff to also take the same precaution and go into self-quarantine.
“With close to 50 people already been tested positive, it only shows that the exposure to the virus is real, and there’s a high chance that someone out there is a carrier,” she said.
“This is a serious public health matter and I enjoin everyone who came in contact with me in the past week to take the same precautions and observe all the basic hygienic processes,” she added.
“Let us continue to pray for the containment of the coronavirus.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.