3 teeners in series of armed robberies in Digos yield to village chief
DIGOS CITY—-Three teenaged boys here suspected of involvement in a series of robbery and theft cases had surrendered to village officials.
Lt. Col. Vici Anthony Tababa, city police chief, said the boys surrendered to Josephine Camahia, village chief of Tiguman, after learning that they were wanted by police.
The boys had been suspected of carrying out a series of robberies and thefts, the latest of which was on a female victim who was jogging early on Tuesday (Feb. 24).
The suspects used bladed weapons to threaten victims.
Tababa said two of the suspects were minors, aged 14 and 17, while the third is 19-year-old Jay-Ar Cinao. All three are residents of the village of Tiguman.
The minor suspects were turned over to the City Social Welfare and Development Office for custody.
One victim, Anna Liza Tampipi, has filed armed robbery charges against the suspects who took her sling pouch that contained, among others, her mobile phone.
Residents had been complaining about a group of teenagers frequenting dimly lit areas at night to prey on victims.
Edited by TSB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.