Duterte OKs promotion of key PH Coast Guard officers
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the promotion of senior Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) officials.
In a statement, the PCG said Tuesday the new two-star and one-star rank flag officers will take their oath later this week. Nine commodores were promoted to the rank of rear admiral while 12 captains were promoted to the rank of commodore :
Those promoted to the rank of Rear Admiral were:
1) Rear Admiral Eduardo D Fabricante;
2) Rear Admiral Oscar C Endona;
3) Rear Admiral Josel Willian Isaga;
4) Rear Admiral Allen T Toribio;
5) Rea Admiral Artemio M Abu;
6) Rear Admiral Robert Patrimonio;
7) Rear Admiral Rolando Lizon N Punzalan;
8) Rear Admiral Ronnie Gil L Gavan; and
9) Rear Admiral Joseph Coyme
Those promoted to the rank Commodore were:
1) Commodore Christopher T Villacorte;
2) Commodore Giovannie G Bergantin;
3) Commodore Allan O Corpuz;
4) Commodore Charlie Q Rances;
5) Commodore Eustacio Nimrod P Enriquez;
6) Commodore Nelson B Torre;
7) Commodore Genito B Basili ;
8) Commodore Rudyard M Somera;
9) Commodore Hostillo Arturo E Cornelio;
10) Commodore Edgardo T Hernando;
11) Commodore Zenmond D Duque; and
12) Commodore Armando A Balilo
The officers were promoted based on the recommendation of Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade and were approved by the Office of the President on Feb. 21, the PCG said.
PCG commandant Admiral Joel Garcia challenged the newly-promoted officials to “prepare for the greater responsibility” that comes with their promotion.
On behalf of the newly-promoted officers, PCG spokesperson Commo. Arman Balilo thanked the President and Sec. Tugade for their continuous support to the organization.
Edited by MUF
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.