Heavy weekend traffic expected due to 6 Metro road repairs
MANILA, Philippines — Expect heavy traffic this weekend as six roads in Metro Manila will be closed this weekend to give way for road reblocking and repairs, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Friday.
In a statement, MMDA said the Department of Public Works and Highways (DWPH) will start road works from Friday (Feb. 21) at 11 p.m. to Monday (Feb. 24) at 5 a.m.
MMDA said the following roads will be closed:
1. A. Bonifacio Avenue 11th Avenue to Sgt. Rivera Street (3rd lane from sidewalk)
2. EDSA Guzent to Roosevelt Avenue (3rd lane from sidewalk)
3. EDSA approach BP Tuazon flyover to approach A. of Boni Serrano flyover (3rd lane from Metro Rail Transit Line)
4. General Luis Street Samote Street to SB Road
5. Elliptical Road from Kalayaan Avenue to Maharlika Street (4th lane from outer sidewalk)
6. EDSA Quezon City after Aurora Boulevard to New York Street (3rd lane from sidewalk)
Aside from these roads, MMDA said portions along C-5 cor. Eagle Street, along Julia Vargas and along Pasig Blvd. will not be passable from Friday at 10 p.m. to Monday at 4 a.m. to make way for construction of the sewer network of Manila Water.
Motorists are encouraged alternate routes instead to avoid traffic congestion, MMDA said.
Edited by EDV
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.