Police facing ‘blank wall’ on Santos killing
While Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra has linked the murder of suspended Bureau of Corrections legal division chief Fredric Anthony Santos to the good conduct time allowance controversy last year, Muntinlupa City police investigators said they were “basically clueless” on the details of the killing.
The investigation has “faced a blank wall,” according to Muntinlupa police chief Col. Hermogenes Cabe.
The Muntinlupa police formed on Thursday a special investigation task force headed by Cabe himself, to expedite the investigation, just as Guevarra ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct a parallel probe.
The Commission on Human Rights said it will also investigate Santos’ killing. —Dona Pazzibugan, Dexter Cabalza and Patricia Denise M. Chiu
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.