Malacañang requires visitors to accomplish health declaration form
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang visitors will now be required to submit a health declaration form as a precaution against the novel coronavirus or 2019-nCoV.
— Inquirer (@inquirerdotnet) February 6, 2020
All visitors, including guests, media, security detail, and government employees and officials, will be asked to accomplish the declaration form before entering the presidential palace, Presidential Security Group Commander Brig. Gen. Jose Niembra told reporters Thursday.
Among the details visitors have to declare in the form include travel history from the last two weeks, current health conditions, and whether they have contact with any farm or wild animals in the last two weeks.
Niembra said the new health protocol will stay unless lifted by the Office of the President-Events Management Cluster and Department of Health (DOH).
Last week, the PSG asked all its personnel deployed within the Malacañang Complex to wear face masks. It also recommended the temporary suspension of tours in the Malacañang Museum, which is situated in the Malacañan Palace.
The death toll from the novel coronavirus has reached over 560 people and infected over 28,000 in China alone.
In the Philippines, health officials are currently monitoring over a hundred patients for possibly carrying the new coronavirus strain. DOH confirmed a third case of an infected person on Wednesday, while one fatality was reported on February 2 – the first in the Philippines and outside China.
Edited by KGA
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.