outbrain
Close  

Makati gov’t denies rumors of PUI for suspected nCoV at city hall

By: - Reporter / @CMarquezINQ
/ 07:24 PM February 04, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — The Makati government has denied reports that there is a patient under investigation (PUI) for suspected novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD) in Makati City Hall’s Building 1.

“Hindi po totoo ang kumakalat na balita na may Patient Under Investigation (PUI) ng nCoV dito sa Makati City Hall Building 1. [There is no truth on reports that there is a PUI for nCoV in Makati City Hall Building 1.],” read the statement posted on its official Facebook page.

ADVERTISEMENT

#Makatizens, Hindi po totoo ang kumakalat na balita na may Patient Under Investigation (PUI) ng nCoV dito sa Makati…

FEATURED STORIES

Posted by My Makati on Monday, February 3, 2020

The local government’s Health Emergency Management Team said the certain individual is not a PUI for the new virus. Makati government also noted that their health emergency team has the capacity to undertake initial screening for suspected cases of 2019-nCoV ARD.

“Ang Makati City po ay nananatiling negatibo sa kaso ng nCoV. [Makati City remains negative for nCoV.],” read the statement.

The local government appealed to the public to remain calm and stop spreading fake reports on 2019-nCoV ARD which caused 425 deaths and infected 20,438 people in China.

On Sunday, Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto stressed that there are no confirmed cases of the virus in Pasig but noted that residents should observe proper health guidelines to prevent the spread of the 2019-nCoV ARD

“May mga makakapal ang mukha na gumagawa pa ng fake news tungkol dito [There are shamless people who are spreading fake news about the virus]… As of now, Feb2, we have ZERO CASES of the Novel Coronavirus,” Sotto said in a tweet.

“Pero kahit na walang kaso ng #nCoV sa Pasig, naghahanda pa rin tayo. [Despite recording zero cases of nCoV in Pasig, we should stay prepared.],” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT

There are 80 persons under investigation for suspected 2019-nCoV ARD in the Philippines, the Department of Health previously said.

Two confirmed cases of the new virus were reported, of which, one has already died in the San Lazaro Hospital in Manila.

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: 2019-nCoV ARD, Abby Binay, fake news, Makati, Metro, novel coronavirus, Pasig, Vico Sotto
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.