Gov’t to discuss possible evacuation of Filipinos in Wuhan, China
MANILA, Philippines — Concerned government officials will meet Monday afternoon to discuss the possibility of evacuating Filipinos in Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
In a press briefing in Malacañang, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said his agency will meet with officials of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) at 1:30 p.m. on Monday to determine whether the government will order the repatriation of Filipinos in Wuhan.
The coronavirus outbreak has already caused global alarm as it already claimed the lives of 80 people in China with over 2,700 confirmed cases.
In the Philippines, Duque said there are 11 patients under investigation, all of which are foreigners.
However, Duque said that no confirmed case of novel coronavirus has been recorded in the country so far.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.