Solons, journalists among those to receive Rotary Golden Wheel Awards
MANILA, Philippines — Personalities from various fields will be recognized in the 2019-2020 Rotary Golden Wheel Awards for their contributions in their respective fields.
Among those to be feted are lawmakers, government officials, media personalities, an athlete, and a painter.
The award recognizes outstanding non-Rotarians who best exemplify the Rotary spirit of “Service Above Self” and the guiding principles of the Four-Way Test.
The awardees are:
- Jorge Leon-Araneta – CEO, Chairman, and President of The Araneta Group
- Greco Belgica – Commissioner of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission
- Sec. Silvestre Bello III – Labor Secretary and peace negotiator in the peace process with the Communist Party of the Philippines-National Democratic Front
- Luz Annalee Escudero-Catibog – EVP of the GMA Kapuso Foundation
- Rosamy “Jing” Castañeda-Velasco – Broadcast Journalist, ABS-CBN, DZMM
- Romulo Galicano – Painter
- Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go – Senator
- Jamie Lim – SEA Games Gold Medalist in Karatedo
- Henry Lim Bon Liong – Chairman and CEO, SL Agritech Corporation
- Dra. Ma. Lourdes “Lulu” Marquez – Wellness Specialist and DZMM Teleradyo Host
- Sec. Bernadette Romulo Puyat – Tourism Secretary
- Rep. Lord Allan Velasco – Congressman, Lone District of Marinduque
Aside from the 12 personalities, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, who is a Rotarian, is also set to receive a special Golden Wheel award for his contribution to the health sector.
Bagong Henerasyon party-list Rep. Bernadette Herrera, who serves as Governor of Rotary International District 3780 and the ex-officio chairperson of the Award’s search committee, said the awardees are “all distinguished personalities who have contributed in their own way to the service of the nation and the overall improvement of the lives of Filipinos.”
The 2019-2020 Rotary Golden Wheel Awards will happen on Saturday, January 25, at the Novotel Hotel in Cubao, Quezon City.
It will be presented by the Quezon City government and the Rotary Club of Rotary International District 3780.
Edited by MUF
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.