Alabang traffic rerouting starts Feb. 16 due to Skyway Extension Project
MANILA, Philippines – Starting Feb. 16, 2020, motorists heading to Alabang in Muntinlupa will have to use alternative routes to give way for the construction of the southbound section of the P10-billion Skyway Extension Project.
In a statement Wednesday, San Miguel Corporation (SMC), parent company of SMC Infrastructure which operates the expressway, said the Skyway O&M Corporation, the Muntinlupa City Government, and the administrators of Filinvest Alabang, Inc. approved a scheme to manage traffic flow for the duration of the construction which involves the closure of the following:
– One southbound lane (Lane 3) of Skyway At-grade and the northbound lane of the West Service Road from the Sucat Interchange to Alabang Viaduct.
– Southbound Alabang Exit Plaza (beside the Alabang viaduct) and the nearby southbound Bunye South Station (heading to Crimson, Filinvest).
These closures were originally scheduled last December but were deferred due to the busy Holiday season, SMC explained.
Among the work to be done in the area are bored piling and column installation activities which are expected to be completed in six weeks.
Given the closure of toll plazas, SMC also announced new traffic schemes:
· Class 1 and 2 vehicles headed to Alabang or Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Corporate Ave., right to Civic Drive, right again at Corporate Ave., then right to Alabang–Zapote Road towards their destination.
· Class 1, 2, and 3 vehicles bound for Alabang, Putatan, and National Road can take the Susana Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Susana Heights Ave., and turn either left or right on the National Road to their respective destinations
· Class 1 Vehicles bound for Alabang–Zapote Road, Filinvest, or Daang Hari may choose any of the following routes: (a) Take Filinvest exit, straight to Filinvest Ave., left to Commerce
Avenue and/or left Alabang – Zapote Road to destination and/or; (b) Take Filinvest exit, right to Corporate Ave., left to Commerce Ave., right to Filinvest Ave., left to Alabang–Zapote Road.
For the closure of one at-grade southbound lane (Lane 3) at Skyway At-grade and portion of West Service Road northbound:
· Class 1 Vehicles bound to Skyway NB at-grade, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Ave., turn left to Parkway St., then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound
· Class 1 Vehicles bound to Skyway NB elevated, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Ave., turn left to Parkway St., then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound
entry. Keep right and use the ramp before the Sucat interchange (On-ramp to Skyway Main Plaza).
· Class 1 and 2 vehicles bound to East Service Road, take a U-Turn at the Alabang Viaduct Ilalim in front of Starmall.
Set for completion by December 2020, the Skyway Extension Project will add two lanes going north for a total of five northbound lanes, and three lanes going south for a total of four southbound lanes.
It will provide motorists a direct connection to Skyway 1 and 2 and Skyway 3, which is set to open in April.
This will allow motorists coming from the south to bypass Alabang and even Edsa if they are headed to the airport, Makati, Manila, San Juan, Quezon City, all the way to the North Luzon Expressway.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.