LIST: Class suspension for January 16 as Taal remains restless
MANILA, Philippines — Amid the ongoing volcanic activities in Taal, several local government units have suspended classes on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
As of posting time, the following provinces have declared class suspensions:
Cavite – all levels
- Calamba City – all levels
- Santa Rosa City – all levels, public and private
- Los Baños – all levels, public and private
- Biñan City – all levels, public and private (until January 18)
- San Pedro – all levels, public and private (until January 18)
- Cabuyao – All levels
- Bay – All levels
The government has sustained Alert Level 4 over Taal Volcano, which means that a fiery explosion is imminent in a matter of hours or day.
Although Taal’s volcanic activity appeared generally weak on Wednesday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said the worst may not be over yet.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page for updates.
Edited by KGA
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.