QC issues traffic rerouting scheme for Undas 2019
MANILA, Philippines — The local government of Quezon City has issued a traffic rerouting scheme to guide motorists who are expected to troop to cemeteries to visit the departed during “Undas” season this year.
In a statement on Wednesday, Quezon City’s Task Force for Transport and Traffic (QC TFTTM) laid out the traffic scheme in observance of All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day.
Manila North Cemetery
QC TFTTM said the outermost lane westbound of A. Bonifacio Avenue from Mayon-Del Monte and A. Bonifacio Intersection up to Calavite Street will be partially closed at 4 a.m to give way for pedestrians.
Parking areas are available to motorists along streets of Ipo, Gen. Tinio, Abao, Labo and Bulusan while parking is banned along the outermost lane northbound of A. Bonifacio Avenue from C-3 to Calavite Street.
Here is the traffic rerouting scheme:
1. Trucks and buses coming from Balintawak area along A. Bonifacio Avenue and heading toward Manila shall turn left to Sgt. Rivera Street, right D. Tuazon Street, right Calamba Street going to Manila.
2. Trucks and buses going back to the point of origin shall enter Ma. Clara, left Banawe Street, left Sgt. Rivera Street then turn right to A. Bonifacio Avenue to its point of destination.
3. Private vehicles and PUJs, including taxi cabs, coming from Balintawak area heading toward Manila shall enter Mayon Street, which is a one-way street from Del Monte Avenue to Sct. Alcaraz Street, turn right to Retiro Street, turn left to Dr. Alejos Street, turn right to Don Manuel Agregado Street across Blumentritt.
4. In going back to its point of origin, it shall go straight Retiro Street, which is one-way street from Blumentritt Extension to Mariveles Street, turn left to CDC Street, turn left to Angelo Street, turn right to Sct. Alcaraz, turn left to Speaker Perez, turn left to Del Monte Avenue, turn right to A. Bonifacio Avenue then to Balintawak.
5. PUJ and private vehicles including taxicabs, coming from the general direction of San Francisco Del Monte, along Del Monte Avenue, shall turn left to Mayon Street and follow route from Del Monte Avenue mentioned above.
Eternal Garden Memorial Park
The traffic unit said Maxima Drive will be closed starting at 2:00 a.m. on Friday (Nov. 1) and will serve as exit to Quirino Highway. Meanwhile, Leland Drive will be open for incoming vehicles.
The left side of the entrance of the Eternal Garden Memorial Park will be available as parking area. However, parking is prohibited along the stretch of Quirino Highway, along Leland Drive and Maxima Street.
QC traffic unit said all vehicles will be allowed to enter the cemetery using Leland Drive and they will exit using Baesa Gate.
However, there is one way entrance on all vehicles coming from Reparo Service Road to Bagong Barrio Gate and Service Road of NDR to NLEX as entrance.
Parokya ng Pagkabuhay Cemetery/ Bagbag
QC traffic unit said vehicles are not allowed to enter the cemetery while parking is available at the left side of King Alexis Street coming from Kingspoint Street.
Parking is banned on both sides along stretch of Quirino Highway and Kingspoint Street.
Holy Cross Memorial Park
QC traffic unit said entry point of all vehicles will be at the back of Green Heights Subdivision and will exit at P. dela Cruz Street to Quirino Highway.
The traffic unit said only one side parking is allowed inside the cemetery while parking is prohibited along the stretch of Quirino Highway and Green Heights and P. Dela Cruz Street.
The traffic unit announced that vehicles are not allowed to enter the cemetery. Vehicles coming from Gen. Luis Street will turn right at Doña Isaura and will use Sarmiento Street as exit to Quirino Highway.
Vehicles going to Caloocan North, Green Fields 3 coming from Quirino Highway should take Susano Road, on the way to BF/Bagumbong, Caloocan City.
One side parking is available at Millionaires Subdivision but parking is prohibited on both sides of Gen. Luis Street, from Susano Road to Doña Isaura Street.
Vehicles must enter at Himlayan Road and will exit at the back using Philand Drive Subdivision. St. Anthony School Road leading to NAPOCOR Village is also used as an exit point.
Parking areas is set near the office of Himlayan, near Emilio Jacinto Shrine, and along Fensjuio Park. Parking is banned along the stretch of Tandang Sora Avenue and along Himlayan Road leading to the cemetery. /je