‘Drug Queen’s’ US visa has been canceled–DOJ
MANILA, Philippines–The US visa given to suspected drug queen Guia Gomez Castro has been canceled, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said Wednesday.
“Upon request of the Department of Justice, the US visa granted to alleged drug queen Guia Castro has been canceled,” Justice Undersecretary and DOJ Spokesperson Markk Perete said.
National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) director Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar earlier said Castro, former chairwoman of Barangay 484 Zone 48 in Sampaloc, Manila, left the country for Bangkok, Thailand on September 21 then flew to Taiwan and then to the United States on September 25.
“The BI [Bureau of Immigration] is now working with US Immigration authorities to effect her deportation to the Philippines,” Perete added.
Castro has been identified by authorities to be allegedly in cahoots with “ninja cops” in recycling confiscated drugs.
She has warrants of arrest in 2002 for violation of the Republic Act 6425 or the selling, delivery, and distribution of illegal drugs, and in 2003 and 2011 for issuing bouncing checks. The warrants were issued by the Quezon City Regional Trial Court.
“We have so far verified only one case and it is with the MTC [Metropolitan Trial Court] at QC [Quezon City court],” Perete said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.