MPD: Road closures on Sept. 22 for Alay Lakad 2019
MANILA, Philippines — Motorists are advised take alternate routes as some roads will be closed to make way for Alay Lakad 2019 on Sunday (Sept. 22) morning, the Manila Police District’s Traffic Enforcement Unit (MPD-TEU) said Saturday.
According to the MPD-TEU, the following roads will be closed at 4 a.m. as the annual walk for a cause event will be held at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila:
- North and Southbound lane of Roxas Blvd. from Anda Circle to P. Ocampo
- Burgos from Roxas Blvd. to Lagusnilad east and west bound
- TM Kalaw from Roxas Blvd. to MH del Pilar west bound
- Finance Rd. from P. Burgos to Taft Ave. both lanes
- Stretch of Ma. Orosa from P. Burgos to TM Kalaw north and southbound lane
- Westbound lane of Ayala Blvd. from Romualdez to Taft Ave.
MPD-TEU, however, said they have yet to determine the reopening of the roads.
Manila’s traffic unit also provided a traffic rerouting scheme for motorists to follow:
- All vehicles coming from Romualdez intending to utilize the stretch of Ayala Blvd. shall go straight to N.A Lopez, left to San Marcelino to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of Roxas Blvd. northbound lane shall turn right to P. Ocampo, left to Taft Avenue.
- All Public Utility vehicles traveling along A. Mabini Street shall turn right P. Gil or may either go straight and turn right to TM Kalaw, left Taft Avenue to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from northern part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of Roxas Blvd. southbound lane coming from Delpan Bridge-Pier Zone shall take A. Soriano, go straight Magallanes Drive, right P. Burgos straight to Lagusnilad (Taft Avenue) to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from Binondo (Jones Bridge) going to Intramuros area shall turn right to Magallanes Drive, while vehicles coming from Sta. Cruz (McArthur Bridge) and Quiapo (Quezon Bridge) intending to proceed to Intramuros area shall turn right to Victoria St. to point of destination.
- All cargo trucks traveling Osmeña Highway – turn right Pres. Quirino Ave., straight ahead to Nagtahan, AH Lacson, Yuseco St., crossing Jose Abad Santos straight Raxabago, Capulong to point of destinations.
All cargo trucks intending to utilize southbound truck route coming from Pier area shall take the northbound of Mel Lopez Blvd., then turn right to Capulong straight to Yuseco St. to AH Lacson Ave to point of destination. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.