Parts of Edsa, C-5, other Metro Manila roads closed over the weekend
MANILA, Philippines — Portions of Edsa, C-5, and other major thoroughfares in Metro Manila will be closed to traffic from Friday night until Monday morning for repairs.
In an advisory, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Friday the following parts of roads would be closed starting 11 p.m. Friday (Sept. 13) until 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 16):
- Edsa-Bansalangin to North Avenue (U-turn), 5th lane from the sidewalk
- Edsa-Magallanes-Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes-Alabang Bus Stop
- C-5 Road near Market Market Mall
- C-5 Road in front of Palar Village in Taguig City
- Quirino Highway-Salvia Street to before Belfast Road (outer lane)
- Elliptical Road after Maharlika Street (8th lane from outer sidewalk)
- General Luis Street-Rebisco Road to SB Road
- A. Bonifacio Ave. near Selecta Drive (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Batasan/San Mateo Road in front of Petron (1st lane from center island)
- Edsa Main Ave. to before P. Tuazon tunnel (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Katipunan Avenue/C-5 Road after CP Garcia St. (truck lane)
- The MMDA advised motorists to avoid the affected areas and use alternate routes instead.
These roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. Monday, the MMDA said.