LIST: Some condiments, spices not FDA-registered
MANILA, Philippines — Consumers may have to double-check the snacks, condiments and spices they buy at the grocery store as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that some of these products are not registered and did not undergo safety testing.
The FDA issued an advisory Thursday warning the public against selling and consuming the following products:
- Aika Vinegar Sukang Puti
- Victory Brand The Family’s Choice Vinegar
- Tawa-Tawa Concentrate
- Gloris Jolli Mayo All Purpose Dressing
- Crackle Snacks Salted Egg
- Carl’s Special Fish Crackers (Tender and Crunchy)
- Carl’s Special Fish Crackers (Tender and Crunchy) Hot and Spicy
- Magic Vinegar
- Melgon Crispy Mushroom Original
- Eren’s Crisps and Crunch Squid Curls
- Alexander’s Worcestershire Sauce
- Chickentucky Crispy Mix Coat Fry, Garlic Flavor
- Crunch Time Flavorites, Fiery Glaze
- Crunch Time Flavorites, Hot and Spicy
- Crunch Time Flavorites, Soy Garlic
- Crunch Time Flavorites, Creamy Cheese
The food and drug regulatory body said post-marketing surveillance showed the products did not register with the agency.
Products that did not undergo safety testing could pose health risks, the FDA said.
““In light of the foregoing, the public is advised not to purchase violative products in the market. Moreover, the public is advised to always check if a food product is registered with the FDA,” the agency said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.