‘He will not leave anyone behind’: Sotto thinks Duterte may revamp BuCor
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo would probably revamp the whole Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) following allegations of corruption and anomaly surrounding a law releasing prisoners on the basis of good conduct.
Senate President Vicente Sotto III made this guess on Wednesday when asked on his stand amid calls that BuCor chief Nicanor Faeldon should resign from his post.
This after controversy hounded the near release of convicted rapist and murderer former Calauan Mayor Antonio Sanchez pursuant of Republic Act 10592 on good conduct time allowance (GCTA).
“The way I know the President, I’ll venture a guess that he will revamp the whole officialdom,” Sotto told reporters at the Senate.
“He (Dutere) will not leave anyone behind,” he added.
Sotto also agreed with the president’s former aide and now Senator Christopher “Bong” Go that “heads will roll.”
Earlier, Go said the President would conduct his own investigation to find out if there is indeed corruption within the BuCor in the release of 1,914 heinous crime convicts.
The Senate has so far conducted two investigations into the implementation of the GCTA law. /je
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.