New law requires SUCs to submit land use dev’t, infrastructure plans
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has signed into law a measure requiring state universities and colleges (SUCs) to design and submit their respective development and infrastructure plans to ensure proper management of land resources.
Duterte signed Republic Act No. 11396 or the “SUCs Land Use Development and Infrastructure Plan (LUDIP) Act” on August 22, a copy of which was released by Malacañang on Wednesday.
Under the new law, all SUCs are required to submit their LUDIP to the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) and follow their respective development plans for all of their future infrastructure projects.
SUCs should submit their LUDIP within two years from the effectivity of the law.
According to the new law, SUCs shall include in their LUDIPs the following:
- campus planning framework, principles, and processes, including master development plans
- detailed geographical description and survey of the site occupied by the SUCs including all idle lands, campuses, branches or extension
- inventory of all existing buildings, facilities, and other infrastructure within the compound or areas occupied by the SUCs
- cadastral survey of land occupied by the SUCs
- a detailed description of the research core, academic core, and residential areas covering both housings for faculty, and dormitories for students
- detailed geographical description of land used for commercial, agriculture, fishery, forestry, and other activities, including open and recreational spaces, landscape features, and campus transportation system among others.
- design and estimated cost of construction, operation, maintenance of other infrastructure needs of the SUCs
- financial plan
The law said SUCs may seek assistance from the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board, University of the Philippines School of Urban and Regional Planning, Department of Public Works and Highways, Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources in drafting their LUDIPs. /kga