Close  

China urges PH to probe death of Chinese man

/ 08:28 PM August 12, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — The Chinese Embassy on Monday urged the Philippine government to probe the death of a Chinese man in Las Pinas City and bring the suspect to justice.

Yang Kang, a 27-year-old Chinese man who had been handcuffed by another Chinese, fell to his death from a six-story building in Las Piñas.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The Chinese Embassy urges relevant departments of the Philippine Government to bring the perpetrators to justice through an objective, fair and thorough investigation, and continue to take concrete and effective measures to protect the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens in the Philippines,” the Chinese Embassy said in a statement.

Following the incident, presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that the government would not tolerate any kind of abuse against any foreigner in the Philippines.

FEATURED STORIES

The Chinese Embassy welcomed Panelo’s statement, which also announced that the Philippine National Police (PNP) had been ordered to probe the incident.

“The Chinese Embassy highly appreciate the Palace’s call to put a stop to these illegal acts, as well as the commitment to protecting the safety of Chinese citizens in the Philippines,” the Chinese Embassy said.

/atm

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Chinese Embassy, death of Chinese man
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.