Parts of Metro Manila roads to be closed for repairs over weekend — MMDA
MANILA, Philippines — Portions of Edsa and other major roads in Metro Manila will be closed from Friday night until Tuesday morning for repairs and reblockings.
In an advisory, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the following roads will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday (August 9) until 5 a.m. Tuesday (August 13):
- Edsa in front of Sojen and Chevrolet (5th lane from sidewalk)
- Edsa from Magallanes – Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes – Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
- Edsa Eugenio Lopez — Sct. Borromeo (desilting and construction of manhole)
- Katipunan Avenue from Raja Matanda to Boni Serrano Tunnel (truck lane)
- Quezon City along Edsa southbound between West Avenue and Philam Village (restoration and concreting works)
- Quirino Highway opposite Colegio de Sta. Teresa and near new Heaven Subdivision (inner lane)
- Elliptical Road before Commonwealth Avenue (7th lane from outer sidewalk)
- General Luis before Oriental Tin store
- Edsa before New York Street (1st lane from sidewalk)
- C-5 Road C.P Garcia approach to Kalayaan Avenue extension
The MMDA has advised motorists to avoid the affected roads and use alternative routes.
It also assured that the said roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Tuesday. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.