LIST: Closed roads, traffic rerouting in QC for Sona 2019
MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) announced the areas and roads to be closed and the rerouting of traffic to make way for President Rodrigo Duterte’s fourth State of the Nation Address (Sona) at the House of Representatives (HOR).
In a statement on Tuesday, QCPD director Brig. Gen. Joselito Esquivel Jr. said traffic congestion will be expected in roads to and from Batasang Pambansa Complex where the President will deliver his Sona on July 22.
Starting 12 a.m. on July 22, the entire stretch of Commonwealth Avenue (northbound and southbound from Quezon Memorial Circle/Philcoa to Fairview’s Fairview Center Mall) will be cleared while illegally parked vehicles will be towed.
QCPD advised motorists to take alternate routes as the following roads will be closed for traffic:
- Commonwealth Ave. northbound shall be partially closed from Home Depot to Sandiganbayan U-turn slot
- Eastbound of IBP starting Filinvest 1 up to Sinagtala
- At 4 p.m., entire stretch of IBP Road will be closed for traffic
- At 6 p.m, only westbound lane of IBP Road leading to Sandiganbayan underpass/tunnel will be opened for VIPs exiting from Southgate HOR going to Commonwealth Ave.
- However, the westbound lane from Litex to HOR Southgate will remain closed until further notice
- QCPD, however, said the Southbound lanes of Commonwealth will remain open for motorists
- At 6:00 AM, motorists coming from QMC to Fairview should take Zipper Lane at the island breaker in front of Home Depot U turn-slot and take inner lanes.
- The end and exit point of the Zipper Lane is at the island breaker of Sandiganbayan U-turn slot. Motorists coming from Fairview to QMC should travel the usual southbound route.
- At 2:30 PM, light vehicles from QMC to Fairview may take North Avenue, turn right to Mindanao Avenue, turn right to Old Sauyo Road, turn left to Chestnut Street, turn right to Dahlia Street, turn left to Fairlane St. then exit to Commonwealth Avenue to destination. Heavy vehicles, however, should take Commonwealth Avenue.
- All light vehicles from Fairview to QMC may turn right to Fairlane Street, turn right to Dahlia Street, turn left to Chestnut Street, turn right to Old Sauyo Road, turn right to Mindanao Avenue, take U-turn at corner Quirino Highway to Mindanao Avenue, left turn North Avenue to QMC to destination. Heavy vehicles should take Commonwealth Avenue.
- Light vehicles may also take right turn to Regalado Avenue, right turn to Old Sauyo Road, turn right to Mindanao Avenue take U-turn at Quirino Highway to Mindanao Avenue (Southbound) left turn North Avenue to QMC to destination.
- For vehicles along QMC, they may take right turn to North Avenue, right turn to Mindanao Avenue, right turn to Old Sauyo Road or Quirino Highway to destination.
- As the IBP Road faces closure, all light vehicles will take alternate route from QMC to Filinvest 1 & 2, Barangay Bagong Silangan and some inner portions of Barangay Batasan Hills shall take zipper lane at the island breaker in front of Home Depot U-turn slot and take inner lanes.
- The end of the zipper lane is at the breaker of Sandiganbayan U-turn slot, then right turn on Litex Payatas Road, right turn on Abris Street, right turn on bougainvillea Street, right turn to Lower Jasmin Street, right turn to Ilang Ilang Street, left turn to Santan Street, left to Sampaguita Street, left turn to Violago Road and meters away right turn and enter the gate 3 of Filinvest 2, to Barangay Bagong Silangan just follow Violago Road.
- For motorists traveling to Filinvest 1, they should have an agreement with Filinvest 2 in order to pass by their subdivision to reach the Batasan-San Mateo Road then enter Kagawad Street, right turn to resolution Street, right turn to Senatorial Street, right turn to Sinagtala Street, left turn to Masbate or Cotabato Street, left turn to Filinvest 1 Road and enter the gate of Filinvest 1 subdivision.
- Light vehicles going to Filinvest 2, San Mateo Rizal and Marikina City may take alternate route from Commonwealth-Sandigan, turn right on Sinagtala St., turn right on Senatorial Street, turn left on Resolution Street, left turn on Kagawad Road then right turn on Batasan San Mateo Road. /jpv
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.