Manila police verifying alleged abduction case
With no complainants, the police are treating as “a commotion” an alleged kidnapping case that took place on Taft Avenue, Manila, at least for now.
The supposed abduction happened at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, just a few meters away from the headquarters of the Manila Police District, Department of Justice, National Bureau of Investigation and Supreme Court.
Lt. Col. Igmedio Bernaldez, the head of Ermita police station, said that so far, all their investigators had were the testimony of a witness and the footage taken by a barangay surveillance camera.
“No complainant has come forward. For now, we consider [the incident] a commotion,” he added.
According to the witness, the kidnap victim was a man around 20 to 25 years old.
He was standing on the sidewalk when some men in a black Ford Ranger grabbed him and forced him inside the vehicle before driving off.
There were initial reports of the victim being shot but Bernaldez said a check of the area did not show bloodstains.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.